2011 Buick Enclave Greeley
2011 Enclave Overview
Enclave proudly cruises into 2011 with a well-earned portfolio of awards and recognition. It is the finest luxury crossover ever,providing SUV capability, premium appointments, responsive power and the smooth ride of a luxury sedan all wrapped in a beautiful package. In addition to its beautiful design, Enclave offers exceptional versatility and remarkable comfort for up to eight passengers. Whether it’s transporting eight occupants with all their gear, or strictly moving cargo, Enclave delivers. It handles the job effortlessly with its refined and fuel-efficient 288 hp 3.6L VVT DI V6 engine. With smooth ride quality and excellent maneuverability, Enclave drivers will feel they’re driving a luxury sedan. A host of advanced engineering features, including available all-wheel drive, give Enclave remarkable poise and road manners. With advanced entertainment choices and sophisticated connectivity features, Enclave also provides an exceptional cabin environment that’s first-class all the way. Buick Enclave is available in two trim levels with three equipment groups:
- CX (1CX).
- CXL (1XL, 2XL).
What's New For 2011
- P6A 19" chrome-clad 9-spoke aluminum wheels replace P65 aluminum wheels. Standard on 2XL; available on 1XL.
- New exterior colors
– Cyber Gray Metallic
- Gray Green Metallic.
- Deleted exterior colors – Silver Green Metallic.
The 2011 Enclave's top ten features
- Stunning exterior styling – Enclave’s beautiful exterior stands out in its segment. Gorgeous flowing lines and curved surfaces give it exceptional looks and contemporary style. Buick signature design cues—portholes and a waterfall grille—provide even greater distinction.
- Craftsmanship – The warm and inviting cabin is highlighted by brushed aluminum accents, real mahogany wood on the steering wheel, woodgrain trim, French-seam detailing and soft-touch low-gloss finishes.
- Convenience and luxury – Enclave offers first-class travel in all three rows. The standard tri-zone climate control system includes a dedicated rear HVAC unit with separate floor and ceiling vents for the second and third rows. SmartSlide seats ingeniously accommodate access to and from the third row. The standard power liftgate lifts and closes at the touch of a button. Available heated and cooled front seats, an oversized sunroof with skylight panel, advanced infotainment choices with rear-seat entertainment and USB connectivity make the cabin even more responsive to your needs.
- Advanced technologies – Enclave offers leading-edge technologies that help drivers stay in touch. Standard Bluetooth for Phone lets you pair compatible cell phones for hands-free use. Touch-screen-activated navigation, XM NavTraffic and OnStar also help keep you connected.
- QuietTuning – The hallmark of a luxury vehicle is a quiet cabin. In Enclave, Buick’s exclusive QuietTuning reduces, blocks and absorbs noise. Enclave’s cabin is so hushed, third row passengers can hear conversations between first row occupants without interference.
- Luxury car ride and handling – It comfortably holds up to eight passengers and has ample room for all types of cargo, but Enclave doesn’t feel like a typical SUV. Enclave’s stiff Body Frame Integral (BFI) structure, dynamic 4-wheel independent suspension and precise steering give it the handling of a luxury sedan.
- Third row comfort and cargo flexibility – If you need it, Enclave can comfortably accommodate up to eight adults. It also provides 115.3 cu. ft. of cargo area—more than many full-size SUVs.
- 360-degrees of vision and confidence – To help you see and be seen, Enclave offers an available rearview camera and articulating headlamps. Enclave’s standard safety appointments include six air bags, Xenon HID headlamps, StabiliTrak with Roll-Over Mitigation and OnStar.
- Power and fuel economy – Enclave’s powerful 288 hp 3.6L VVT DI V6 engine rivals V8 engines in its segment. Yet, the front-wheel drive Enclave has better highway fuel economy than any other 8-passenger SUV on the road.
- The Best Coverage in America – Buick’s excellent warranties offer peace of mind and include a 4-year/50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper new vehicle warranty and GM’s 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty with courtesy transportation and 24-hour roadside assistance.
2011 Enclave Styling, Comfort & Convenience
Exterior and Interior
- Beautifully designed and rendered – With contemporary and sleek aerodynamic styling, Enclave projects exceptional presence on the road. The impeccably finished and luxurious interior features an analog clock, sophisticated Lapis Blue gauge lighting, brushed chrome accents and burl-wood tone trim.
- Exterior lighting – Xenon HID headlamps and fog lamps are standard. Articulating headlamps that turn up to five degrees on the inboard side and up to fifteen degrees on the outboard side enhance the driver’s view in curves. Included with the Luxury Package on 2XL.
- Outside mirrors – Heated, body-color power mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators are standard on all Enclave trim levels. Power-folding outside mirrors with memory and a driver’s mirror with auto-dimming are included with the Luxury Package on 2XL.
- Power liftgate – Standard. Opens and closes Enclave’s liftgate.
- Sunroof and skylight – The oversized dual SkyScape sunroof features power controls. The fixed glass rear skylight makes Enclave’s interior feel even more spacious. Available on CXL.
- Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist – Alerts the driver about certain stationary objects near the rear of the vehicle with an audible warning. Included with the Driver Confidence Package. Standard on CXL; available on CX.
- Rearview Camera System – Allows drivers to see what is immediately behind Enclave. Integrated into the rearview mirror or the available navigation system display screen (if equipped). Included with the Driver Confidence Package. Standard on CXL; available on CX.
- QuietTuning – Buick’s all-encompassing approach to eliminating noise and vibration from entering the cabin. Acoustic materials and treatments are strategically placed throughout Enclave to help to reduce, block and absorb noise and vibration sources and their pathways. Standard.
- Flexible 7- or 8-passenger seating – Enclave’s standard 7-passenger seating includes second row captain’s chairs. An available 3-passenger, 60/40 split-folding, second row bench seat provides comfortable seating for eight.
- SmartSlide seats – These standard second row seats make getting into or out of the third row easy. The seats fold vertically and push forward. They also move fore and aft, offering extra leg room for second or third row passengers.
- Seats – CX has cloth seats and feature an 8-way power driver seat with power lumbar and a 2-way power front passenger seat with manual recline and lumbar. CXL adds leather seating surfaces, an 8-way power driver seat with memory, and a 4-way power front-passenger seat with power lumbar.
- Heated front seats – Standard on 1XL.
- Heated and cooled front seats – Included with the Luxury Package on 2XL.
- Memory – Sets two memory settings for the driver seat, outside mirrors and power tilt/telescoping steering column (if equipped). Includes the easy exit driver seat. Standard on CXL.
- Steering wheel – Enclave’s standard leather-wrapped steering wheel features real mahogany wood and integrated audio and cruise controls. A manual tilt/telescoping steering column is standard. A power tilt/telescoping steering column is included with the Luxury Package on 2XL.
- Storage – The two-level, front center console has fore/aft adjustment, a pull-out tray and room for two 16-oz. bottles. An under-floor rear cargo compartment stows larger items like groceries and luggage. CXL models offer a handy second row console with armrest, cup holders, 12-volt power outlet and storage. Enclave also offers 115.3 cu. ft. of cargo area behind the front seat, making it more versatile than many fullsize SUVs.
- Standard tri-zone climate control – Provides comfort for all three rows. A separate rear HVAC unit quickly cools or heats the rear-seat area. The driver, front passenger and second row can select individual temperature settings.
- Remote Vehicle Starter System – Activates the engine and precools or pre-heats the cabin. Included with the available Driver Confidence Package.
- Standard convenience – A programmable Universal Home Remote, auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, Tire Pressure Monitor, chromed luggage rack side rails and a Driver Information Center (DIC) are standard. The DIC allows you to program and customize functions and system settings.
Audio and entertainment Systems
- Standard Bluetooth for Phone – Provides hands-free operation for compatible, paired Bluetooth-enabled cell phones.
- AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD player and MP3 playback (US8) – Includes six speakers, speed-compensated volume, Radio Data System (RDS), TheftLock and an auxiliary audio jack. Standard on CX and 1XL.
- Advanced Bose 10-speaker system (PCU) – AM/FM stereo, CD player, MP3 playback, auxiliary audio input jack, USB port, 10 speakers, rear-seat audio controls with two headphone jacks and 115-volt power outlet. Standard on 2XL; available on 1XL and CX.
- Bose sound system with navigation (UUM) – Adds touchscreen navigation system with voice recognition and a rearview camera to the Advanced Bose 10-speaker system. Includes rear-seat audio controls, two headphone jacks, 115- volt power outlet and USB port. Available on CXL.
- Bose 5.1 surround sound with rear-seat entertainment (UUJ) – Adds 5.1 Surround Sound to the Advanced Bose 10-speaker sound system, a DVD Entertainment System with 8" screen and two wireless headphones. Includes rear-seat audio controls with two headphone jacks, 115-volt power outlet and USB connectivity. Available on CXL.
- Bose 5.1 surround sound with rear-seat entertainment and navigation (U4H) – Includes Advanced Bose 10-speaker 5.1 Surround Sound with DVD Entertainment System and 8" screen, GPS navigation system, rearview camera, rearseat audio controls with two headphone jacks, two wireless headphones, 115-volt power outlet and USB port. Available on CXL.
- XM Radio – Standard XM Radio includes three trial months of service and provides commercial-free music channels coast to coast for virtually every music genre, all in amazing digital sound. Visit www.xmradio.com for more information.
- XM NavTraffic – Standard on Enclave models equipped with a screen-based navigation system, and includes three trial months of service. Visit www.xmradio.com/navtraffic for more information.
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation – The Directions & Connections Plan is standard for the first six months on Enclave and combines all the Safe & Sound Plan services with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and eNav. Learn more at onstar.com.
- Driver Confidence Package (PCI) – Includes Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist, Remote Vehicle Starter System and Rearview Camera System. Standard on CXL; available on CX.
- Luxury Package (PCK) – Includes heated and cooled front seats, articulating headlamps, power tilt/telescoping steering column and heated power-adjustable and power-folding outside rearview mirrors with turn signal indicators and auto-dimming driver side mirror. Standard on 2XL.
Capacities & Dimensions
Seating capacity 7 or 8
Cargo volume, behind third row (cu. ft.) 23.3
Cargo volume, behind second row (cu. ft.) 65.9
Cargo volume, behind first row (cu. ft.) 115.3
Fuel capacity (gal.) 22.0
Wheelbase (in.) 118.9
Overall length (in.) 201.8
Overall height (in.) 72.5
Pover & Performance
- 3.6L VVT Direct Injection V6 engine – Enclave’s advanced, all-aluminum dual-overhead cam 3.6L V6 engine offers outstanding fuel economy, superb response and low emissions. Ninety percent of Enclave’s peak torque is available from approximately 2500 rpm to more than 6000 rpm. Drivers will feel excellent response at takeoff from a stop and when passing or merging on the highway.
– 288 hp @ 6300 rpm.
– 270 lb.-ft. of torque @ 3400 rpm
- Direct Injection (DI) – Sprays fuel directly to the combustion chamber to create a more complete burn of the fuel/air mixture. Less fuel is required to produce the equivalent horsepower of a conventional port-injection combustion system, especially at normal cruising speeds. The unique pistons used with the system help reduce cold-start emissions by 25%.
- Hydra-Matic 6T75 6-speed automatic transmission – Enclave’s smooth shifting 6-speed automatic transmission enhances performance and fuel economy. It provides impressive acceleration with nearly imperceptible shifts.
– On downhill grades Automatic Grade Shift Logic commands the transmission to remain in a lower gear if the vehicle is decelerating or coasting. This takes advantage of engine braking to prevent unwanted acceleration and can reduce the need for the driver to brake excessively during a hill descent.
– The “+” and “–” signs on the shifter allow the driver to manually select the top gear or a gear range. This feature is helpful when pulling a trailer or heavy cargo on downhill grades and limits the upper gear range. If the driver needs more acceleration, the transmission automatically downshifts based on throttle position.
– Enclave’s high ratio first gear provides brisk acceleration from a stop. Sixth gear is an overdrive ratio, which keeps engine revolutions as low as possible for highway cruising and improved fuel economy.
• Fuel economy – Enclave has impressive fuel economy. 2011 EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings:
– FWD: 17 mpg city/24 mpg highway.
– AWD: 16 mpg city/22 mpg highway.
Ride & Handling
- Independent front suspension – MacPherson strut design. The top of the struts are mounted to the chassis through isolated strut mounts. A direct-acting stabilizer bar helps provide a more immediate feel during turns while a full perimeter isolated cradle reduces road noise from entering the cabin. Spring rates and stabilizer bars were selected to provide flat, stable handling.
- Independent rear suspension – The linked “H” design includes an isolated mounting system that reduces the transfer of noise and vibration to the passenger compartment. Coil springs with twin tube shock absorbers are mounted on an isolated sub-frame. The suspension’s sophisticated design enhances handling with minimal floor pan intrusion into passenger and cargo space, allowing a high load-carrying capacity.
- 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS – Large, 4-wheel vented disc brakes with ABS include Panic Brake Assist. Panic Brake Assist automatically engages the ABS more quickly when panic braking is detected.
- Traction control system – Full-range traction control helps control wheel spin during hard acceleration on all types of road surfaces by reducing engine throttle and/or applying the brakes.
- Active intelligent all-wheel drive – This fully automatic system works by delivering a controlled amount of torque to the rear wheels. It distributes power based upon vehicle speed, throttle position and individual wheel slip, sending torque to the wheels with the best traction. The system enhances dry road handling and is integrated with Enclave’s traction control system, providing outstanding capability in inclement weather.
- StabiliTrak Stability Control System with Roll-Over Mitigation – Helps the driver maintain vehicle control in all weather conditions by leveraging the ABS and traction control systems. Roll-Over Mitigation proactively senses the potential for a vehicle rollover and applies brake pressure when needed to manage lateral tire grip. See the Safety & Security Section for additional details.
- Variable-effort power rack-and-pinion steering – Standard.
- Trailering Provision Package – Increases Enclave’s towing capacity to 4500 lbs. Includes heavy duty cooling system and trailer hitch.
- Wheels – Enclave’s large wheels and all-season tires enhance its handling.
– 19" 15-spoke machined aluminum (P64): Standard on CX and 1XL.
– 19" 9-spoke chrome-clad aluminum (P6A): Standard on 2XL; available on 1XL.
– 20" 9-spoke chrome-clad aluminum (PPE): Available on 2XL.