2011 Buick Lucerne Greeley
2011 Lucerne Overview
The 2011 Buick Lucerne is a beautiful, contemporary luxury sedan that offers comfort, refined elegance and leading-edge connectivity technologies. Innovative features and telematics make Lucerne a “More Intelligent Luxury Sedan.” It anticipates your needs, making your time behind the wheel comfortable, quiet and luxurious. Key Lucerne wins include a graceful design, available luxury appointments, FlexFuel capability, and advanced power and handling capabilities. For 2011, the CXL Premium EXL replaces the Special Edition and includes premium amenities. Revised packaging and more standard equipment are added across the lineup, providing more value and simplified ordering. Lucerne is offered in four beautifully appointed trims: CX (1CX), CXL (1XL), CXL Premium (EXL) and Super (1XS).
What's New For 2011
- Lucerne Premium EXL replaces the CXL Special Edition and includes many premium features including the Comfort and Convenience Package, Driver Confidence Package, Lane Departure Warning and Side Blind Zone Alert.
- The Driver Confidence Package is no longer available on the CX.
- All 5-passenger model radios are updated and add a standard USB port. Audio systems UUI and UUM replace audio systems US9 and U3U.
- Sunroof and navigation radio are now standard on Super.
- Heated and cooled front seats are offered exclusively on Lucerne Super.
- The 3.9L V6 gasoline-only engine (LZ9) is discontinued.
- StabiliTrak Stability Control is now standard on all models.
The 2011 Lucerne's top ten features
- A more intelligent luxury sedan – Advanced technologies, two sophisticated engines and leading-edge telematicssystems help Lucerne drivers feel connected to the road and enhance the driving experience.
- Graceful, contemporary design – Lucerne’s beautiful styling is confident and projects understated elegance. Buick’s iconic exterior portholes and waterfall grille add style. Inside, chrome accents and woodgrain trim are beautifully detailed, creating a refined environment.
- Sophisticated luxury – Lucerne Super takes luxury to new heights with heated and cooled front seats, a wood and leather heated steering wheel and supple suede-appointed seating surfaces.
- Dependability and quality – Lucerne offers dependability owners can count on. In the 2010 J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study, Lucerne tied for the second spot in the large car segment.
- Driver control technology – Lucerne enhances driver confidence behind the wheel. StabiliTrak Stability Control with Brake Assist and Traction Control is standard. StabiliTrak aids the driver in all weather conditions and in sudden evasive maneuvers to help keep Lucerne on its intended course. Magnetic Ride Control on Lucerne Super reads the road up to 1000 times a second for added vehicle control and increased tire contact with the road.
- Advanced safety technology – Available Side Blind Zone Alert and Lane Departure Warning provide enhanced safety and collision avoidance. Side Blind Zone Alert warns drivers when another vehicle is in the outside mirror blind spot. Lane Departure Warning reads road markings above 35 mph, sending visual and audible cues if you stray from a lane.
- Advanced audio, navigation and connectivity – Lucerne’s standard and available infotainment systems help you stay connected. MP3 playback, an auxiliary audio input jack and XM Radio are standard. USB connectivity is standard on 5-passenger models. Bluetooth for Phone lets you use compatible cell phones for hands-free operation. The available touch-screen navigation system provides GPS directional guidance and access to XM NavTraffic and OnStar Destination Download.
- QuietTuning – Buick’s exclusive QuietTuning processes reduce, block and absorb noise to enhance the driving experience. Lucerne offers a serenely peaceful, quiet interior.
- Driver confidence – Lucerne’s responsive and refined powertrains provide a dynamic, commanding driving experience. The 3.9L FlexFuel V6 and Lucerne Super’s Northstar 4.6L V8 put drivers in command. Lucerne’s precisely tuned suspensions help drivers feel confidently connected to the road. OnStar enhances your peace of mind and confidence, looking out for you at virtually every turn.
- The Best Coverage in America – In addition to Buick’s 4-year/50,000-mile new vehicle warranty, GM’s 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty with courtesy transportation and 24-hour roadside assistance are standard. It’s a winning combination.
2011 Lucerne Styling, Comfort & Convenience
Exterior and Interior
- Fog lamps – Standard on all models.
- Outside mirrors – Power heated outside rearview mirrors with driver-side auto-dimming are standard. Integrated turn signals are included on EXL and Super models with Side Blind Zone Alert and Lane Departure Warning.
- Remote Vehicle Starter System – Allows Lucerne to be remotely started with the key fob transmitter. The system also automatically activates vehicle temperature settings for the heated and cooled seats (if equipped), window and mirror defrosters and climate controls. Included with the Driver Confidence Package. Standard on Super and EXL; available on CXL.
- Sunroof – A power tilt-sliding sunroof is standard on Super; available on CXL and EXL.
- Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist – Alerts the driver via an audible warning about certain stationary objects near the rear of the vehicle when Lucerne is in reverse. Included with the Driver Confidence Package. Standard on Super and EXL; available on CXL.
- Lane Departure Warning – This camera-based lane detection system warns the driver about inadvertent lane changes. When the system is activated, the camera, mounted near the inside rearview mirror, identifies traffic lane markings and provides audible alerts. Standard on EXL and Super.
- Side Blind Zone Alert – Uses radar sensors on both sides of the Lucerne to scan a 150-degree field of view within a 3.5-meter range. These alternating radar beams sweep adjacent traffic lanes to “look” for other cars. Vehicles entering one of seven zones identified by the system alert the driver by illuminating an LED symbol in the outside rearview mirror. The system ignores stationary objects, such as fire hydrants or parked cars. Standard on EXL and Super.
- 5- or 6-passenger seating – Five-passenger seating with front bucket seats is standard. Six-passenger seating with a 40/20/40 split-bench front seat and center armrest with storage is available on CX, CXL and EXL.
- Heated driver and front passenger seats – Standard on CXL and EXL.
- Heated/cooled driver and front passenger seats – Standard on Super.
- Seating surfaces – Distinctive seating surfaces complement the cabin.
– Cloth: Standard on CX.
– Leather-appointed seating surfaces: Standard on CXL and EXL.
– Custom perforated suede-appointed seating: Standard on Super.
- Power seats – Lucerne’s front seats are comfortable and supportive. Six-way power driver and front passenger seats are standard on CX. Eight-way power driver and front passenger seats with 4-way power lumbar are standard on CXL, EXL and Super.
- Memory settings – Remembers two preset positions for the driver seat and outside mirrors. Includes easy exit driver seat. Standard on CXL, EXL and Super.
- Rear seat – Includes armrest, dual cup holders and trunk pass-through.
- Lucerne Super interior appointments – Include Nova Silver finishes for the center stack, unique sill plates, Super instrument cluster graphics, a leather-wrapped instrument panel with French-seam stitching, suede door trim and premium embroidered floormats.
- Driver Information Center (DIC) – Displays vehicle status information and sets Lucerne’s programmable customization features. Standard.
- Tire Pressure Monitor – Displays individual tire pressure readings in the DIC. Standard.
- Universal Home Remote – Included with the Comfort and Convenience Package. Standard on CXL, EXL and Super; available on CX.
- Steering wheels – Include standard integrated audio and cruise controls.
– Leather-wrapped: Standard on CX.
– Heated, leather-wrapped: Standard on CXL and EXL.
– Heated, leather and wood with Walnut Burl finish: Standard on Super. Includes wood shifter knob.
- Power tilt and telescoping steering column – Adjusts to help drivers find the best seating position. Standard on Super.
- Automatic dual-zone climate control – Allows the driver and front passenger to set individual temperature setting references for greater comfort. Standard on CXL, EXL and Super; available on CX.
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror – Standard. Lucerne Super adds an integrated compass display.
Connectivity, Audio and entertainment Systems
- Bluetooth for Phone – Provides personal cell phone connectivity for hands-free cell phone operation. Standard on CXL, EXL and Super; available on CX.
- Audio systems – All Lucerne audio systems include an AM/FM stereo with CD/MP3 playback, auxiliary audio input jack, seek and scan, digital clock, speed-compensated volume, Radio Data System, auto-tone control and TheftLock. The standard system on CX and CXL models has six speakers.
- USB connectivity – Allows you to connect and play back compatible USB-supported devices like iPods and USB travel drives using Lucerne’s audio system. Standard on all 5-passenger Lucerne models.
- harman/kardon audio system – Features a 280-watt amplifier and nine speakers. Standard on EXL and Super.
- Audio system with navigation – Includes DVD-based touchscreen navigation. Standard on Super; available on EXL.
- XM Radio – Standard XM Radio includes three trial months of service and provides commercial-free music channels coastto- coast for virtually every music genre, all in amazing digital sound. Visit xmradio.com for more information.
- XM NavTraffic – Standard on Lucerne models equipped with a screen-based navigation system, and includes three trial months of service. Visit xmradio.com/navtraffic for more information.
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation – The Directions & Connections Plan is standard for the first six months on Lucerne and combines all the Safe & Sound Plan services with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and eNav. Learn more at onstar.com.
- Comfort and Convenience Package – Includes dual-zoneautomatic climate control, Bluetooth for Phone, UniversalHome Remote and a trunk cargo convenience net. Availableon CX; standard on all other Lucerne models.
- Driver Confidence Package – Includes content theft alarm system, Remote Vehicle Starter System and Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist. Standard on EXL and Super; available on CXL.
Capacities & Dimensions
Seating capacity 5 or 6
Passenger volume (cu. ft.) 108.0
Trunk volume (cu. ft.) 17.0
Fuel capacity (gal.) 18.0
Wheelbase (in.) 115.6
Overall length (in.) 203.2
Overall height (in.) 58.0
Power & Performance
- 3.9L V6 SFI E85 FlexFuel engine – Standard on Lucerne CX, CXL and EXL. FlexFuel capability allows Lucerne to run on gasoline or E85 fuel. It can run on 100% gasoline, up to 85% ethanol, or any variation of the two. The 3.9L V6 has the power and flexibility of a large-displacement V6 with impressive fuel efficiency. Other benefits include strong low-end torque response for off-the-line acceleration and highway passing, plus low maintenance requirements.
– 227 hp @ 5700 rpm.
– 237 lb.-ft. of torque @ 3200 rpm.
- Northstar 4.6L DOHC V8 engine – The family of Northstar V8 engines stand among the world’s finest. Super’s powerful aluminum 32-valve DOHC V8 is recognized for its precision and quick launch capability. It anticipates driver demands, responding with outstanding throttle response.
– 292 hp @ 6300 rpm.
– 288 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4500 rpm.
- QuietTuning enhancements – Acoustic treatments enhance the quiet operation of Lucerne’s engines. A double-isolated powertrain mounting system helps reduce engine vibrations for noise reduction. Lucerne Super adds an acoustically tuned engine cover, special cam chain tensioner, camshaft cover isolator mounts and pistons treated with a special polymer to help reduce and dampen noise.
- Hydra-Matic 4T65 and 4T80 4-speed automatic transmissions – Lucerne CX, CXL, EXL and Super transmissions employ advanced calibration logic for smooth, precise shifting. They feature adaptive learning logic, which provides optimum shifting performance by tailoring performance to your driving style. Lucerne Super’s 4T80 is one of the most robust frontwheel drive transaxles in the world, with an outstanding record of long-term durability.
- Electronic throttle control – Electronic “drive-by-wire” throttle technology eliminates the mechanical link between the accelerator pedal and throttle plate. This enhances engine response and fuel economy.
- Fuel economy – 2011 EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings:
– CX, CXL and EXL with gasoline: 17 mpg city/26 mpg highway.
– CX, CXL and EXL with E85: 13 mpg city/20 mpg highway.
– Super: 15 mpg city/22 mpg highway.