2011 GMC Acadia Greeley
2011 Acadia Overview
The 2011 GMC Acadia delivers an outstanding balance of power and fuel economy with the interior space of a full-size SUV, and the ride and handling of a luxury sedan.
The 2011 Acadia is available in FWD or AWD and in five trim levels:
- SL (3SA)
- SLE (3SB)
- SLT-1 (4SA)
- SLT-2 (4SB)
- Denali (5SA)
What's New For 2011
- Denali trim level includes:
- Signature Denali monochromatic exterior and chrome honeycomb grille.
- Unique front and rear fascias, bodyside moldings and chrome accents.
- Dual chrome exhaust tips.
- 20" two-tone chrome-clad wheels with Black chrome inserts.
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with Mahogany wood inserts.
- Complementary woodgrain finish on the instrument panel, center stack and door trim.
- Lighted Denali logo sill plates.
- Heated seats now available with cloth seats.
- 8-way power driver seat with power lumbar and recline.
- Preferred Package on SL changed to include only Bluetooth, body-color moldings, leather-wrapped steering wheel with redundant controls and Remote Start.
- Exterior colors:
- Cyber Gray Metallic.
- Gray Green Metallic.
The 2011 Acaida's top ten features
- FWD/AWD – Acadia is available in either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive configurations. A front-wheel-drive configuration contributes to enhanced traction and superior interior packaging benefits. Adding Active Intelligent all-wheel drive further enhances traction in all driving conditions.
- Excellent fuel economy – Front-wheel drive Acadia models deliver excellent fuel economy of 17 city/24 highway mpg better than any other 8-passenger vehicle.
- Segment-leading people/cargo flexibility – Acadia offers a choice of captain’s chairs or 60/40 split-folding second row seats. A GM-exclusive design folds the seats up vertically and slides them forward for easy and unparalleled access to the third row. The seats also move fore and aft to provide more leg room or more cargo area. Overall interior space approaches the roominess and comfort of a full-size SUV. With generous leg room in all three rows and with all seats folded, there is 116.9 cu. ft. of cargo space—the most in the segment.
- Standard OnStar Directions & Connections Plan – The Directions & Connections Plan is standard for the first six months on Acadia and combines all the Safe & Sound Plan services with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and eNav. Learn more at onstar.com.
- Rearview Camera System – Integrated into the inside rearview mirror when ordered without the navigation system. Integrated into navigation display when touch-screen navigation is ordered. Standard on all models except SL.
- 3.6L SIDI V6 engine – Acadia’s powerful V6 SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct-Injection) engine produces impressive power—288 hp and 270 lb.-ft. of torque—and returns up to 24 highway mpg on front-wheel-drive models.
- Unmatched ride and handling – Acadia’s best-in-class ride and handling is the result of a low ride height, wide track, long wheelbase, and a strong, stiff Body Frame Integral (BFI) platform designed specifically for a crossover vehicle. Acadia’s 4-wheel independent suspension provides flat cornering, superior handling control and a smooth, car-like ride.
- Body Frame Integral platform – The BFI architecture permits more precise body panel fit and a lower step-in height. In combination with its wider rear doors, Acadia’s lower step-in height provides easier entry, egress and cargo loading.
- Dual SkyScape sunroof – Acadia’s interior spaciousness can be enhanced by a 2-panel sunroof that extends over the first two rows of seats. The large front panel has power open, close and tilt. The larger second panel is fixed and has a manually operated sunshade.
- Interior quietness – Acadia’s best-in-class aerodynamics, tight exterior body-panel fit and flat-blade wiper design reduce wind noise, while extra-thick door glass helps keep it from coming into the cabin. Inside, Quiet Steel and other interior sound-deadening measures reduce engine noise.
2011 Acadia Styling, Comfort & Convenience
Exterior and Interior
- Best-in-class styling and aerodynamics – Acadia’s bold look,athletic stance, sleek lines and world-class fit-and-finish help it stand out in the segment. And its low 0.344 coefficient of drag
is as aerodynamic as a Chevrolet Corvette Z06 to help reduce wind noise and improve fuel efficiency.
- Full-feature headlamps – Automatic dual halogen projector headlamps are standard on all models. HID projector headlamps are standard on Denali and available on SLT-2 as part of the Technology Package.
- SkyScape sunroof – GMC’s first 2-panel sunroof extends over the first two rows of seats. The large front panel has power open/close and tilt and a pop-up wind deflector to reduce
noise. The 3' x 4' rear-seat fixed panel has a manually operated sunshade. Standard on Denali; available on all other models except SL.
- Full-feature mirrors – Black, power-adjustable, manual-folding outside mirrors are standard on SL and SLE models. SLT-1 adds body-color, heat and integrated turn signals. Denali and SLT-2 models add power-folding, driver side auto-dimming and a memory feature.
- Impressive cargo capacity – Acadia’s segment-leading cargo capacity rivals full-size SUVs with a maximum of 116.9 cu. ft. of cargo space with the second and third row seats folded. With the second row seat folded, cargo capacity is 68.9 cu. ft. With all seats upright, there is 24.1 cu. ft. of space.
- Power liftgate – Opens and closes with the touch of a button on either the key fob, the center console or the liftgate itself. Standard on all models except SL.
- SL seats – Premium Cloth manually adjustable front bucket seats and 3-passenger second and third row seats.
- SLE seats – Premium Cloth bucket seats with an 8-way power driver seat and a 2-way power front passenger seat. Heated cloth front seats are now available. Second row captain’s chairs are standard and a second row 3-passenger bench is available.
- SLT seats – Standard leather-appointed first and second row seats with heated front buckets. SLT-1 models have an 8-way power front driver seat and a 2-way power front passenger seat. SLT-2 models have an 8-way power driver front seat with memory and a 4-way power front passenger seat. Heated and cooled front bucket seats with perforated leather-appointed front and second row seats are available on SLT-2.
- Denali seats – Standard heated and cooled front bucket seats with perforated leather-appointed first and second row seats. There are 8-way power controls with memory on the driver seat and 4-way power controls on the front passenger seat.
- SmartSlide second row seats – Both the standard SmartSlide captain’s chairs and available SmartSlide 3-passenger, 60/40 split-bench slide back for more leg room or forward for more cargo room. Captain’s chairs are available with a center console.
- Standard third row seat – Acadia’s standard 3-passenger, 60/40 split-bench seat provides comfortable seating for adults.
- Head-Up Display (HUD) – Allows driver to scan important driving and entertainment system information without taking eyes off the road. Standard on Denali and available on SLT-2 as part of the Technology Package.
- Center console – Standard center floor console includes a large storage area and sliding armrest.
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel – Standard on all models. A leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls is standard on SLE, SLT and Denali models and available on SL. Denali models add wood trim.
- Driver Information Center (DIC) – Located in the center of the instrument cluster, the standard DIC includes a message center, trip odometer, low fuel indicator, Tire Pressure Monitoring and compass. Standard on SLT and Denali.
- Automatic climate control – Tri-zone automatic climate control maintains three separate zones for driver, front passenger and rear
- Bluetooth – Personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system and HMI (Human Machine Interface). Standard on SLE, SLT and Denali; available on SL.
- 115-volt power outlet – 3-prong household-style outlet is packaged with the available Rear-Seat Entertainment on all models except SL.
- Universal Home Remote – Standard on SLT and Denali.
- OnStar – The Directions & Connections Plan is standard for the first six months on Acadia and combines all the Safe & Sound Plan services with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and eNav. Learn more at onstar.com.
- Remote Start System – Allows the driver to start the vehicle from up to 200' away with a simple press of the button on the key fob. Standard on SLE, SLT and Denali; available on SL.
- Rear park assist – Four ultrasonic sensors in the rear bumper detect certain objects behind the vehicle when backing up and activate warning chimes. Standard on all models except SL.
- Rearview Camera System – Integrated with inside rearview mirror when ordered without navigation system. Integrated with navigation screen in models with navigation system. Standard on all models except SL.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring – Electronically transmits the air pressure from each tire to the DIC so the driver can take action to ensure that all tires are properly inflated. Standard.
Audio and entertainment Systems
- SL/SLE audio – Standard AM/FM stereo with MP3-compatible CD player, auxiliary audio input jack and six speakers.
- SLT/Denali audio – Standard AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD player, auxiliary audio input jack, USB port and 10 Bose speakers.
- DVD-based navigation radio system – Includes USB port, large color touch-screen that displays detailed point-by-point driving routes and rearview camera display. Also includes separate MP3-compatible CD player when ordered alone and separate MP3-compatible CD/DVD player when ordered with Rear-Seat Entertainment. Available on SLT and Denali.
- XM Radio – Standard XM Radio includes three trial months of service and provides commercial-free music channels coastto- coast for virtually every music genre, all in amazing digital sound. Visit gm.xmradio.com for more information.
- XM NavTraffic – Standard on Acadia models equipped with a screen-based navigation system and includes three trial months of service. XM NavTraffic enhances your vehicle’s GPS navigation system by showing real-time traffic data when it’s needed most—while you’re driving. Visit xmradio.com/navtraffic for more information.
- Rear-Seat Entertainment (RSE) – Includes a CD/DVD player with remote control, 8" flip-down widescreen color display, two wireless headphones, auxiliary audio/video input jacks, and a 3-prong household-style outlet. Allows three different audio sources to be enjoyed simultaneously through a combination of vehicle speakers, wired headphones and 2-channel wireless headphones. Available on all models except SL.
- Bose 10-speaker system with 5.1 surround sound – Provides true home-theater surround sound. Included and only available with Rear-Seat Entertainment.
- Technology Package – Includes High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Head-Up Display and cargo area audio controls. Standard on Denali; available on SLT-2.
Capacities & Dimensions
Seating capacity 7 or 8
Cargo volume, 1st/2nd/3rd (cu. ft.) 116.9/68.9/24.1
Towing capacity (lbs.) 5200
Fuel capacity (gal.) 22.0
Wheelbase (in.) 118.9
Overall length (in.) 200.7
Overall height (in.) 78.2
Pover & Performance
- 3.6L SIDI V6 – Acadia’s V6 delivers best-in-class standard V6 power combined with impressive fuel economy.
– 288 hp @ 6300 rpm.
– 270 lb.-ft. of torque @ 3400 rpm.
- 6-speed automatic transmission with Manual Shift Mode – Takes up no more room than a 4-speed unit but provides up to 8% better performance and up to 4% better fuel economy than a comparable vehicle with a 4-speed automatic transmission. Manual Shift Mode allows driver to manually select a gear range by activating buttons on the consolemounted shifter.
- Fuel economy – Acadia delivers outstanding fuel economy of 17 city/24 highway mpg for front-wheel drive models and 16 city/23 highway mpg for all-wheel drive models.
- Available trailering equipment – Includes heavy duty cooling and trailer hitch.
- Axle ratio – 3.16.
- Towing, max., FWD/AWD (lbs.) – 5200/5200.
- Payload, max., FWD/AWD (lbs.) – 1676/1462.
Ride & Handling
- Class-leading ride and handling – Body Frame Integral (BFI) architecture, specifically designed for Acadia, provides an exceptionally rigid, strong platform for superior handling. And because it sits lower to the ground, the center of gravity is lower for improved handling characteristics.
- 4-wheel independent suspension – Acadia’s smooth ride and agile handling come from a 4-wheel independent system that is very tunable for ride and handling.
- Front suspension – Fully independent MacPherson strut with direct-acting stabilizer bar and aluminum steering knuckles for lower unsprung weight.
- Rear suspension – Fully independent linked H-arm with an isolated mounting system to reduce NVH and aluminum components to reduce unsprung weight and improve vehicle dynamics.
- SL/SLE power rack-and-pinion steering – Hydraulic power rack-and-pinion steering is standard on SL and SLE models. This system provides precise, accurate steering and enhanced driver feedback.
- SLT/Denali variable-effort rack-and-pinion steering – Reduces effort at low speeds for easier parking and more nimble handling in slow-speed traffic conditions. As speed increases, effort also increases for more stable and predictable feel at highway speeds. Standard on SLT and Denali.
- Standard FWD – Provides better traction and superior interior packaging benefits. Front-wheel drive provides better starting traction than rear-wheel drive and is lighter in weight to help improve fuel economy.
- Available Active Intelligent AWD system – Provides automatic, fully electronic control for enhanced driving dynamics, near instantaneous response to changing traction conditions and superior traction in all driving conditions.
- StabiliTrak with Traction Control and Proactive Roll Avoidance – Monitors and compares driver steering input vs. vehicle response and makes corrections that help the driver maintain control. Proactive Roll Avoidance further reduces risk of rollover by managing braking forces and vehicle energy during certain lateral maneuvers.
- Class-leading brakes – 4-wheel vented disc brakes are the largest in the segment for unsurpassed stopping power. Standard ABS allows steering control under hard braking and smooth, straight stops on slippery surfaces.
- Wheels and tires – SL and SLE models have 18" painted aluminum wheels; SLT models have 19" machined aluminum wheels; and Denali features new 20" chrome-clad aluminum wheels with Black chrome accents.
- Tire sealant and inflator kit – SL models are available with a tire sealant and inflator kit in place of the spare tire, jack and tools.