2011 GMC Canyon Greeley
2011 Canyon Overview
The rugged and refined 2011 GMC Canyon offers you the best of both worlds—it delivers the capability and utility of a larger truck in a more economical midsize package. With its Regular, Extended and Crew Cab body styles, two bed lengths, three suspensions, three engines and a variety of options, Canyon offers a model for virtually any use—personal or commercial. A Chassis Cab version is also offered for upfitters.
What's New For 2011
- Redesigned front head restraints.
- OnStar now includes six months of Directions & Connections Plan.
- Ebony Deluxe Cloth bolster (insert remains the same).
- Exterior color – Aqua Blue Metallic.
- Standard Bluetooth for Phone.
- Personal Audio Link (PAL) standard on SLE and SLT. Not available on Work Truck.
The 2011 Canyon's top ten features
- Best-in-class standard 4-cylinder horsepower – Canyon’s 2.9L Vortec I4 engine delivers 185 hp along with a competitive 18 city/25 highway mpg for 2WD models with an automatic transmission.
- Available 5.3L Vortec V8 – The powerful 5.3L V8 is available on Extended and Crew Cab models, and is rated at 300 hp and 320 lb.-ft. of torque. Canyons equipped with the V8 feature a V8 fender badge.
- XM Radio – Standard on Canyon (except available on Work Truck). Includes three trial months of service and provides commercial-free music channels coast-to-coast for virtually every music genre, all in amazing digital sound. Visit gm.xmradio.com for more information.
- Standard OnStar – The Directions & Connections Plan is standard for the first six months on Canyon and combines all the Safe & Sound Plan services with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and eNav. Learn more at onstar.com.
- Standard StabiliTrak – Stability Control System – StabiliTrak improves control on all road surfaces at all speeds by continually comparing the driver’s steering input to the actual vehicle response. When a difference is detected, the system automatically adjusts braking and engine torque to help the driver bring the vehicle back on the path being steered. Standard on all models.
- Two-tier tailgate – For added cargo hauling versatility Canyon’s cargo boxes feature four tie-downs, two-tier loading capability and a segment-exclusive 2-position tailgate.
- ZQ8 Sport Suspension – The ZQ8 delivers the looks and capabilities that performance enthusiasts crave. Highpressure gas shocks and a 22mm rear stabilizer bar provide more responsive handling and flatter cornering.
The package also includes 18" Midnight Silver aluminum wheels fitted with P235/50R18 low profile, all-season blackwall tires. 2WD only, not available on Regular Cab.
- Z71 High Stance Off-road Suspension – For increased offroad capability the Z71 suspension features monotube shocks, front torsion bars and urethane jounce bumpers. Included in the Z71 package are 17" chrome-clad wheels with on-/off-road blackwall radial tires, an automatic locking rear differential and a full-size spare tire. Available on SLE and SLT Extended and Crew Cabs.
- Standard bedliner – This standard factory-installed liner helps protect the cargo bed while providing a durable, slipresistant surface for easy, secure loading and unloading.
- Wheels – For a distinctive exterior apperance, Canyon offers a selection of eight wheel choices including 16" aluminum and chrome-clad wheels, 17" chrome-clad wheels on Z71 models, and 18" bright-finish aluminum wheels on ZQ8 models.
2011 Canyon Styling, Comfort & Convenience
Exterior and Interior
- Canyon Regular Cab – With two doors, can seat up to three passengers with storage room behind the seats.
- Canyon Extended Cab – With two front doors and two rearopening rear doors, can seat up to five passengers.
- Canyon Crew Cab – With four front-hinged, forward-opening doors, can seat up to six passengers.
- Fog lamps – Standard on SLE/3SA and SLT/4SA Crew Cab; available on Chassis Cab.
- Versatile and roomy cargo boxes – Offer impressive cargohandling capability. Regular and Extended Cab models feature a 6' 1" long cargo box with 44 cu. ft. of cargo capacity. Crew Cabs have a 5' 1" box with a 37 cu. ft. capacity. To help keep your load secure, both boxes include four tie-downs and two tier loading capability. Canyon’s cargo boxes also feature a segment-exclusive 2-position locking tailgate with stops at 55 and 89 degrees for even more cargo hauling versatility.
- Uplevel outside mirrors – Body-color, power adjustable and manual folding. Standard on SLE and SLT Crew Cabs; included and only available with the Power Convenience Package on other models.
- Interior styling – Functional and upscale, all models feature Titanium Nova Silver-colored air outlets and center control stack with chrome door handle bezels, uplevel instrument cluster bezel, front upper door speaker bezel and air vent sliders.
- Interior colors – Medium Pewter in vinyl; Dark Pewter and Light Tan in SLE Deluxe Cloth and SLT Deluxe Leather.
- Front 60/40 split-bench front seats – In Deluxe Cloth with manual recliners, integral outboard head restraints, armrest with integral storage and two cup holders. Standard on WT/1SA and SLE/3SA. 60/40 split bench with dual cup holders available on WT/1SA.
- Bucket front seats – In Deluxe Cloth with integral outboard head restraint, manual recliners and center floor console with storage and armrest. Available on SLE/3SA Extended and Crew Cab models.
- Leather-appointed seating – Offers an upscale appearance. Includes 8-way power driver seat adjuster, 6-way power front passenger seat adjuster, heated driver and front passenger seats with power lumbar control and adjustable outboard head restraints. Standard on SLT/4SA.
- Extended Cab rear seats – A pair of second row forward-facing jump seats comfortably accommodate two passengers. The seats also fold up to reveal a flat load floor and a rear-seat storage compartment.
- Crew Cab rear seat – A 3-passenger, 60/40 split-bench seat with backs that fold forward to provide a flat load surface.
- Interior cargo capacity – Canyon Regular Cabs have room for storage behind the seats. Plus, Canyon has the only Extended Cab in the segment with a flat load floor and under-seat storage compartments. Canyon’s Crew Cabs feature a 60/40 split-folding rear seat with under-seat storage.
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel – Standard on all models.
- Standard Driver Information Center – Relays important vehicle information. Includes low fuel monitor with warning light and warning chime, trip odometer with LCD readout, parking brake reminder, warning messages and an oil life monitor.
- Air conditioning – For interior comfort, every Canyon is equipped with standard front manual air conditioning. Crew Cab models get a standard second row heater duct.
- Cruise control – Standard on all models.
- OnStar – The Directions & Connections Plan is standard for the first six months on Canyon and combines all of the Safe & Sound Plan services with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and eNav. With OnStar eNav, you can check out routes at MapQuest.com, then forward destinations to your vehicle to be stored. No need to print out directions—just call them up with simple voice commands. An automated voice calls out every turn as you need it, until you arrive at your destination. Learn more at onstar.com.
- Bluetooth for Phone – Technology enables connectivity between cell phone and the vehicle’s audio system for hands-free calling.
- Personal Audio Link (PAL) – An integrated interface device that gives you the ability to control functions of the iPod by using radio controls and view the iPod’s information through the vehicle’s radio display, all while charging your iPod. Standard on SLE and SLT. Not available on Work Truck.
- Power Convenience Package (ZQ6) – Includes power windows, power door locks with lockout protection, power outside mirrors, Remote Keyless Entry, power exterior mirrors and electrochromic inside rearview mirror with compass and outside temperature displays. Standard SLE and SLT Crew Cab; available on all other models.
Audio and entertainment Systems
- Base AM/FM stereo – Includes seek-and-scan and digital clock with two speakers on Regular Cab; four speakers on Extended Cab. Standard on Work Truck.
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 player – Includes Radio Data System (RDS), auto-tone control, TheftLock and speed-compensated volume with four speakers on Regular Cab; six speakers on Extended Cab and Crew Cab. Standard on SLE and SLT Crew Cab; available on Work Truck.
- XM Radio – Standard on SLE and SLT Crew Cab models; available on SLE and SLT Regular and Extended Cabs and Work Truck. Includes three trial moths of service and provides commercial-free music channels coast-to-coast for virtually every music genre, all in amazing digital sound. Visit gm.xmradio.com for more information.
Pover & Performance
- Vortec 2.9L I4 engine – The most powerful standard 4-cylinder engine in the midsize pickup class. Standard on WT, SLE/3SA Regular and Extended Cab models and 2WD SLE/3SA Crew Cab models.
– 185 hp @ 5600 rpm. – 190 lb.-ft. of torque @ 2800 rpm.
- Vortec 3.7L I5 engine – Delivers the power of a 6-cylinder with the fuel economy of a 4-cylinder. Standard on 4WD SLE/3SA Crew Cab and 4WD SLT/4SA Crew Cab models; available on WT and SLE/3SA Regular and Extended Cab models and 2WD SLE/3SA Crew Cab.
– 242 hp @ 5600 rpm. – 242 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4600 rpm.
- Vortec 5.3L V8 engine – This muscular engine is available on all SLE and SLT Extended and Crew Cab models.
– 300 hp @ 5200 rpm. – 320 lb.-ft. of torque @ 3600 rpm.
- Two transmissions – A 5-speed manual with overdrive is standard on Regular and Extended Cabs with the 2.9L I4 engine. A smooth-shifting, electronically controlled 4-speed automatic with overdrive is standard on all models with the 5.3L V8 or 3.7L I5 engine and on all Crew Cabs.
- Towing capacity – Canyon provides impressive towing capacities of up to 3400 lbs. on models equipped with the Vortec 2.9L I4; up to 5500 lbs. on models equipped with the Vortec 3.7L I5 engine; and up to 6000 lbs. on models equipped with the 5.3L V8 engine.
Ride & Handling
- Canyon suspension – Designed to provide you with an excellent balance between a smooth ride and load-carrying capability, all Canyons feature an independent front suspension, with coil springs on 2WD Z85 and ZQ8 models and torsion bars on Z71 models and all 4WD models. The rear suspension on all models is a live axle design with semielliptical, 2-stage steel leaf springs. All models also have a front stabilizer bar.
– Z85 Heavy Duty Suspension: Provides exceptional drivability with a smooth, quiet ride and precise handling. Standard on all models except Chassis Cab.
– Z71 High Stance Off-Road Suspension: For increased offroad capability, the Z71 suspension features 17" chromeclad wheels with on-/off-road blackwall tires, front torsion bars, 28mm front stabilizer bar, urethane jounce bumpers, large wheel flares and an automatic locking rear differential. Chassis Cab models include 16" steel wheels, all-season blackwall tires, and do not include large fender flares or an automatic locking rear differential. Standard on Chassis Cabs; and available on SLE and SLT Extended and Crew Cab models.
– ZQ8 Sport Suspension: The ZQ8 delivers the looks and capabilities that performance enthusiasts crave. Highpressure gas shocks and a 22mm rear stabilizer bar provide more responsive handling and flatter cornering. The package also includes 18" Midnight Silver aluminum wheels fitted with P235/50R18 low-profile, all-season blackwall radial tires. Available on 2WD SLE and SLT Extended and Crew Cab models.
- Brake system – For smooth and consistent stopping ability, the standard front-disc/rear-drum system includes a 4-channel, 4-wheel ABS braking system.
- Standard StabiliTrak – StabiliTrak is a sophisticated electronic stability control system that corrects oversteer and understeer conditions to keep Canyon traveling in the path being steered. Working in tandem with ABS and traction control, StabiliTrak’s sensors monitor driver input and vehicle response, automatically apply brake pressure and, if necessary, adjust engine torque to help the driver get the vehicle back on the path being steered.
- Automatic locking rear differential – Improves grip in lowtraction, low-speed conditions. It applies power to both wheels on the rear drive axle. Standard on SLT/4SA; available on all other models.
- Insta-Trac 4WD system – Enhances traction in slippery conditions. Standard on all 4WD Canyon models, body styles and engine/transmission combinations, Insta-Trac allows shift-on-the-fly capability from 2WD to 4WD high and back with just the touch of a button. Vehicles equipped with Insta-Trac may be dinghy towed behind motor homes.
– (PP4) 16" steel wheels standard on 2WD Work Truck/1SA.
– (PP3) 16" steel wheels standard on Chassis Cab and 4WD Work Truck/1SA.
– (PP2) 16" aluminum wheels standard on 2WD SLE/3SA and SLT/4SA.
– (PP1) 16" aluminum wheels standard on 4WD SLE/3SA and LT/4SA models; available on 2WD SLE/3SA and SLT/4SA models equipped with the 5.3L V8 engine.
– (RP1) 16" chrome-clad wheels available on 2WD SLE/3SA and SLT/4SA models. Requires Z85 Heavy Duty Suspension Package.
– (R02) 16" chrome-clad wheels available on 2WD SLE/3SA and SLT/4SA Extended and Crew Cab models equipped with the 5.3L V8 engine. Requires Z85 Heavy Duty Suspension Package.
– (R03) 17" chrome-clad wheels included on SLE/3SA and SLT/4SA models equipped with the Z71 Suspension Package.
– (P67) 18" Midnight Silver aluminum wheels standard on SLE/3SA and SLT/4SA models equipped with the ZQ8 Suspension Package.