2011 GMC Sierra HD Greeley
2011 Sierra Video Walk Around in Colorado
Here is a 2011 Sierra HD Video walkaround for Colorado
Power & Performance
- 397 hp @ 3,000 rpm
- 765 lb.-ft. torque @ 1,600 rpm
Key 2011 enhancements add to its power and durability. These include:
- Main bearings’ profiles changed to enhance oil film thickness.
- Oil pump flow increased for higher pressure at low speeds.
- Turbocharger’s oil circuit is changed to provide increased pressure at the turbo and faster oil delivery.
- The connecting rods’ pin ends are modified to provide increased piston support.
- New, higher-strength piston design eliminates bushings to provide lower reciprocating weight.
Improved Cold Start Performanc. The new Duramax has an excellent cold start time. Under all temperatures, the Glow Plug Cycle time is no more than 3 seconds in the coldest environments, down to minus 40°F. The oil pump flow has been increased for higher oil pressure at low speeds. Use of the engine block heater is not required until minus 20°F. Quieter Operation Along with being more powerful, the Duramax is now smoother and quieter than ever. Improvements have contributed to a nearly 30% reduction in engine noise. They include:
- Enhanced double-pilot injection.
- Stronger engine block.
- Lower rail pressure in certain conditions.
- High-pressure Piezo electric fuel injectors ensure precise fuel delivery, improve engine performance and reduce high-load, high-speed engine noise. Improved Highway Fuel Economy and Greater Driving Range. The new Duramax delivers up to 11% greater highway fuel economy. Several improvements play a part in this impressive result. They include:
- A lower idle speed (reduced from 720 to 640 rpm).
- The front air dam is extended 2" for improved aerodynamics.
- The EV fan clutch is re-engineered.
- Changes to the Allison transmission.
- Optimization of the combustion and after-treatment systems to increase miles between regenerations of the Diesel Particulate Filter.
Ride & Handling
The 2011 chassis story begins with an all-new fully boxed frame that delivers the improved capability our HD customers have asked for. The 2011 GMC Sierra HD is designed from the ground up to provide beefed-up towing and payload capacities without compromising its outstanding ride and handling. In addition, Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) is reduced significantly.
- Fully boxed pickup frame.
- Extensive use of high-strength steel adds brawn.
- Hydroformed front section helps make the front bay 125% stiffer.
- Larger engine and transmission mounts reduce engine vibration.
- This new frame is 5 times stiffer torsionally with 92% more bending stiffness and 20% more beaming stiffness.
- Cross-members are not only thicker, they are welded to the frame over a large area, instead of riveted, for greater strength.
- Hydraulic body mounts isolate Extended and Crew Cabs from road noise and vibrations.
- A box-tube frame-mounted conventional trailer hitch design beefs up conventional trailer ratings.
- New mounting and access holes make 5th wheel/gooseneck hitch installation easier.
- Dual urethane jounce bumpers improve load management.
- New upper shock mounts with dual fasteners eliminate squeaks and clunks, support higher loads and add durability.
A stronger front bay section allowed engineers to strengthen the short-long arm/torsion bar architecture:
- The steering knuckle is taller and 66% heavier.
- The forged upper control arm adds strength without weight.
- The lower control arm is machined cast iron to handle higher loads.
- Reduced unsprung weight improves road-holding ability.
- The new design keeps more tire patch on the road for improved handling.
2011 Sierra HD Styling, Comfort & Convenience
Styling and Seating
Bold, New Front Look
The dual power dome-style hood features a new, louvered design, as well as a new grille. These design cues impart a distinctive, muscular appearance that really reflects what’s going on underneath. NEW Wheels & Tires An entire lineup of new 17", 18" and 20" wheels and new tires are offered on the 2011 Sierra HD. Refined Interiors Sierra HD interiors are refined, with improved quietness and attention to detail, while designed for work. The practical design of the Work Truck and SLE interiors offer:
- Dual glove boxes.
- Speedometer, tachometer, fuel, coolant temperature, oil pressure and voltage gauges.
The luxury interior of the SLT includes:
- Premium materials and low-gloss tones impart a rich, high-quality look and feel.
- Chrome details and woodgrain trim add a touch of elegance.
Outstanding Seat Comfort Sierra HD offers a range of seating choices to fit specific needs:
- Work Trucks:
– Standard 40/20/40 split-bench 3-passenger front seat in durable, easy-to-clean vinyl with rubberized floor covering. – Available cloth seat trim and color-keyed carpeting.
– Standard 40/20/40 front seats in premium cloth. – Available 6-way power driver and front passenger seat adjusters and leather-appointed seating.
- SLT: Standard leather-appointed front bucket seats feature driver and front passenger 10-way power adjustment, heated seat cushions and seatbacks and 2-position driver memory.
- Rear seats:
– Folding one-piece bench on WT Extended Cab. – 60/40 folding bench on SLE and SLT Extended Cabs and all Crew Cabs.
Storage & Features
- Dual glove boxes with an upper tray on Work Truck and SLE provide concealed storage for small items.
- Fold-down center armrest on 40/20/40 front bench seat provides 6 liters of storage and three cup holders. A removable divider, cell phone pocket and CD holders help keep everything organized.
- Two more cup holders are found on each of the front door panels.
- Under-seat lockable storage is located under the center seat cushion of SLE’s 40/20/40 front seat. It has 9 liters of storage with a power outlet, making it ideal for laptap stowage.
- Center console on models with bucket seats has over 20 liters of storage, an auxiliary power outlet, dualfront cup holders that are movable and two rear cup holders.
- Flat load floor on Extended and Crew Cabs.
- Wide Choice of Outside Mirrors – Manual mirrors are standard, and manual camper mirrors are available, on all WT models. Heated, power mirrors are standard on 2500HD SLE and available on 2500HD and 3500HD WT. Power, heated, power-folding, bodycolor mirrors with curb-tilt, driver side auto-dimming and integrated turn signals are standard on 2500HD SLT and Denali. Power, heated camper mirrors with integrated turn signals are standard on 3500HD SLE, SLT and Denali and available on 2500HD SLE, SLT and Denali.
- Automatic Dual-Zone Air Conditioning is available on SLE Extended and Crew Cabs and standard on SLT and Denali. Manual single-zone air conditioning is standard on WT and SLE models.
- Auto-dimming Inside Rearview Mirror is standard on SLT, Denali and 3500HD SLE, and available on 2500HD SLE. A manual day/night mirror is standard on WT and 2500HD SLE.
- Driver Information Center (DIC) standard on all models.
- Cruise Control is standard on SLE, SLT and Denali; available on WT.
- Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel is standard on SLE, SLT and Denali; available on WT. Heated steering wheel is available on Denali.
- Power-Adjustable Pedals are standard on Denali; available on SLE and SLT.
- Power Door Locks with Remote Keyless Entry are standard on SLE, SLT, Denali and all Crew Cabs; available on WT Extended and Regular Cabs.
- Power Windows are standard on SLE, SLT and Denali.
- Power-sliding Rear Window is available on SLE, SLT and Denali.
- Electric Rear Window Defogger is standard on SLT and Denali; available on SLE and WT.
- Universal Home Remote is standard on Denali; available on SLE and SLT. Included with sunroof.
- Remote Vehicle Start is available on SLE and standard on SLT and Denali. This factory-installed system operates up to 200' away and, for added security, does not override the anti-theft engine immobilizer.
- Rearview Camera System is available on SLE, SLT and Denali. This system allows the driver to see the area behind the vehicle when the truck is in reverse. The view is displayed on either the navigation screen (if so equipped) or on the inside rearview mirror.
- Power Sunroof with Express-Open is available on SLT and Denali. On Extended Cabs, the glass retracts above the roof and on Crew Cabs, into the roof. Includes Universal Home Remote.
New Denali HD : In a Class By Itself The target customers for these outstanding vehicles include the up-market portion of the travel-trailer and horse markets, as well as the individuals who own the businesses to whom you sell the balance of the Sierra lineup. They want a premium truck without compromise on capabilities.
- Like its light duty counterpart, the new Denali HD gets a unique grille design that sets them apart from the rest of the Sierra heavy duty lineup.
- Denali gets body-color bumpers and mirrors, chrome door handles and 18" or 20" polished aluminum wheels.
- Exterior colors: Onyx Black, Summit White and Stealth Gray Metallic.
- Unique two-tone interior with door trim inserts and brushed metal accents.
- Standard Nuance leather-appointed 12-way power front bucket seats with 2-way power lumbar control, heated seat cushions and seatbacks and 2-position driver memory.
- Standard features include power-adjustable pedals, remote vehicle starter system and Bose premium surround audio.
- Available heated steering wheel and heated and cooled front seats
Both audio systems with Navigation include XM NavTraffic, which shows real-time traffic data when it’s needed most—while driving.
Rear-seat Entertainment System
Available on Crew Cabs with either the UUK or UUL audio systems, the Rear-Seat Entertainment System includes:
- 8" flip-down widescreen LCD display,
- Remote control and two infrared wireless headphones.
- Rear-seat audio controls on the back of the center console.
- Two headphone jacks with independent volume control.
- Auxiliary audio/video input jacks.
- Capacity for occupants to simultaneously listen to as many as three different audio sources (DVD, CD and radio) through a combination of vehicle speakers, wired headphones and 2-channel wireless headphones.
Bluetooth for Phone, which connects up to 5 personal cell phones with the truck’s audio system, is included on SLT and Denali and available on WT and SLE.
OnStar Directions & Connections Plan
The Directions & Connections Plan is standard for six months on SLE, SLT and Denali (available on WT) and combines all the Safe & Sound Plan services with Turnby-Turn Navigation and eNav. With OnStar eNav, you can check out routes at MapQuest.com, then forward destinations to your vehicle to be stored. No need to print out directions—just call them up with simple voice commands. An automated voice calls out every turn as you need it, until you arrive at your destination.
New WiFi by Autonet Mobile
Turn every job site into a hot spot. This dealer-installed GM officially licensed accessory provides you or your crew with secure 3G Internet access inside the vehicle— and unlike Ford’s Work Solutions—up to a 150' range around the vehicle.
Perfect for the family on the go, Wi-Fi by Autonet Mobile allows rear-seat passengers to connect to friends on social sites, stream videos on long trips and even research fishing and camping sites during the drive. Connect several devices at once and enjoy the freedom of Internet access “on the go.”
- Geo-Fencing – sends the owner an email or text when the vehicle enters or exits a designated area.
- Find My Car – allows the owner to pinpoint the location of his vehicle on a secure website.
Capable Pickup Box
Whether in standard (6' 6") or long (8'), Sierra HD’s pickup boxes are loaded with features that work hard.
- Standard stake pockets and two-tier loading.
- Stamped, one-piece design integrates the wheelhouse and inner box side together for a refined appearance and strength.
- Tailgates remove easily by unlatching two cables.
EZ-Lift Locking Tailgate
The EZ-Lift Locking Tailgate is standard on Denali and available with SLT Convenience Package on SLT and on SLE Preferred Package on SLE.
Cargo Management System
The available dealer-installed Cargo Management System includes side rails and tie-down hooks. A variety of accessories are available to further expand this system’s innovative flexibility.
Power Take Off (PTO )
3500HD Chassis Cab models with the Duramax engine continue to have power take off capability included. It provides 250 lb.-ft. of torque and has provisions for stationary, remote or mobile operation, a unique load control feature and an integrated switch.
Wide Opening Rear Access Doors
Extended Cab rear doors open a full 170 degrees (164 degrees on DRW models) for ease of access. Detents at 60 degrees and 90 degrees keep the doors from closing while loading. The doors’ larger windows also open fully on SLE and SLT models.
Stadium-Style Rear Seats
Enhance in-cab cargo carrying capability while maintaining passenger comfort. The full bench seat on WT Extended Cab folds up with a release tether.