2011 GMC Yukon Yukon XL Greeley
The 2011 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL and Yukon Hybrid are full-size SUVs that provide you with an exceptional combination of power, economy, comfort and safety. To better reflect demand, we have made several packaging changes, many of which provide additional standard content on SLE/3SA models. The 2011 Yukon is available in the following configurations:
- 2WD/4WD Yukon and Yukon Hybrid – 1/2-ton with seating for seven, eight or nine. (Eight passenger only on Hybrid.)
- 2WD/4WD Yukon XL – 1/2-ton and 3/4-ton with seating for seven, eight or nine.
- Three trims – SLE/3SA (cloth), SLT/4SA (leather) and 4HY (Hybrid only).
What's New For 2011
- Front cloth bucket seats standard on SLE models. Includes:
–Front cloth bucket seats with rear-seat audio controls.
–Bose audio system. –Tri-zone automatic climate control.
- For greater choice, (PDD) Convenience Package and (PDZ) SLE Exterior Appearance Package are now free-flow options.
- Improving HD content, skid plates now standard on all Yukon XL 3/4-ton models.
- New exterior colors:
–Carbon Black Metallic (extra cost).
–Mocha Steel Metallic.
–Evolution Blue (fall special – 2010 calendar year).
- Award-winning vehicle – Yukon models are the proud recipients of several awards including a “2009 Full-Size Utility Best Buy” from Consumers Digest and a “Best Buy Large SUV” award from Consumer Guide.
- World-class design and refinement – Premium materials, outstanding craftsmanship, superb fit-and-finish, aggressive and streamlined proportions bring Yukon/Yukon XL to an extraordinary level of sophistication and refinement.
- Segment-leading fuel efficiency – The 5.3L V8 engine features segment-exclusive Active Fuel Management™ for increased fuel economy with no sacrifice in power. 1500 models deliver a 15 city/21 highway mpg.
- Yukon Hybrid powertrain – GM’s patented 2-Mode Hybrid system delivers the power and capability you expect of a full-size SUV while providing fuel economy improvements of up to a 30% overall and up to 40% in city driving.
- Quiet interior – Results from the use of sound-deadening materials, strategic driveline/chassis mounting points, quiet powertrain operation, stiff frame design, extensive door sealing and an aerodynamic exterior.
- Versatile seating – Yukon’s versatile seating options feature standard seating for eight occupants. Split-folding second and third row seats offer a wide range of cargo- and passenger-carrying configurations. The 50/50 split third row seats fold flat and have wheels on the front edge for easy removal and storage, and come standard in a 3-passenger configuration. Additional seating configurations include space for eight or nine occupants.
- Impressive stability and control with standard StabiliTrak and traction control – Yukon’s wide track combines with a low center of gravity for improved stability, ride and handling. The stiff front frame design, large brakes and standard StabiliTrak and traction control also aid stability and control.
- Structural advancements and safety technologies – Yukon’s frame design and safety cage contribute to its crashworthiness. Crash avoidance features include standard StabiliTrak with Proactive Roll Avoidance, traction control and ABS. Occupant protection features include standard dual-stage front air bags, head-curtain side air bags and seat-mounted driver and right front passenger side-impact air bags. OnStar is standard on every model.
- OnStar – The Directions & Connections Plan is standard for the first six months on Yukon and combines all the Safe & Sound Plan services with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and eNav. Learn more at onstar.com.
- 2WD/4WD – Yukon is available in either rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive configurations. A lighter weight rear-wheeldrive configuration contributes to enhanced fuel economy. A standard locking rear differential ensures enhanced traction, especially on slippery surfaces. Adding four-wheel drive further enhances traction in slippery conditions.
Exterior and Interior
- Precision-machined quality exterior – Clean door lines, a sleek aerodynamic profile, large rounded headlamps, stacked rear lighting and robust “grab-style” body-color door handles provide Yukon with a distinctive exterior design.
- Power liftgate – For enhanced convenience, the liftgate may be opened or closed with buttons on the overhead console and the key fob. Can also be closed with a button located on the bottom edge of the tailgate. Included and only available with the (PCK) SLT-2 Equipment Package on SLT models.
- Standard full-feature mirrors – For excellent visibility, all models get standard heated, power-adjustable, body-color outside mirrors. Standard on Hybrid and available on SLT are driver-side auto-dimming, power-folding integrated turn signal indicators with ground illumination and curb-tilt. Camper mirrors are also available on 3/4-ton models.
- Rearview Camera System – Enhances visibility while in reverse. Integrated with inside rearview mirror when ordered without navigation system. Integrated with navigation screen in models with navigation system. Standard on SLT; available on SLE.
- Standard power seats – Include a 6-way power driver seat and 6-way power passenger seat. Leather-appointed on SLT and Hybrid; Premium Cloth on SLE. (Power passenger seat not included with SLE bench seat option.)
- Uplevel SLT seats – Ultrasoft leather-appointed, heated first and second row with 10-way power front buckets and 2-position driver memory. Requires (PCK) SLE-2 Equipment Package.
- Second row captain’s chairs – Ultrasoft leather-appointed reclining buckets are available on SLT models.
- Power-release fold-and-tumble second row seats – Convenient design folds and tumbles forward at the touch of a button. Manual return. Available on SLT, requires (PCK) SLE-2 Equipment Package.
- Standard leather-wrapped tilt steering wheel – Includes controls for audio and cruise control.
- Power-adjustable pedals – Can be positioned for maximum comfort. Standard on SLT; available on SLE.
- Bluetooth for Phone – Technology enables connectivity between cell phone and the vehicle’s audio system for handsfree calling. Standard on all models.
- Standard OnStar – The Directions & Connections Plan is standard for the first six months on Yukon and combines all the Safe & Sound Plan services with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and eNav. Learn more at onstar.com.
Audio and entertainment Systems
- Standard audio system – Includes AM/FM stereo, MP3- compatible CD player, USB port and Bose sound system. Rear controls and headphone jacks are also standard. SLE models with the optional front bench seat includes a six speaker sound system without rear audio controls.
- Bose premium speaker system – 9-speaker system with subwoofer is standard on all models (except with optional front bench seat).
- Touch-screen navigation radio – Standard on Hybrid; available on SLT. Hybrid models also include hybrid power flow display.
- Rear-Seat Entertainment – Includes rear-seat DVD player with remote control, 8" flip-down widescreen display, two sets of two-channel wireless headphones and auxiliary audio/video input jacks. Yukon XL models also offer an available third row display screen with two additional headphones. Available on all models.
- XM Radio – Standard XM Radio includes three trial months of service and provides commercial-free music channels coast to coast for virtually every music genre, all in amazing digital sound. Visit gm.xmradio.com for more information.
- XM NavTraffic – Standard on Yukon models equipped witha screen-based navigation system and includes three trial months of service (36 months on Hybrid). XM NavTraffic enhances your vehicle’s GPS navigation system by showing real-time traffic data when it’s needed most—while you’re driving. Visit xmradio.com/navtraffic for more information.
- SLE Exterior Appearance Package (PDZ) – Includes fog lamps, front recovery hooks (2WD models only) and luggage rack center rails. Available on SLE.
- SLT-2 Equipment Package (PCK) – Includes front bucket seats with leather-appointed seating, heated second row seats, second row power seat release, rear power-operated liftgate and outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding mirrors. Available on SLT.
- SLT Chrome Package (PCQ) – Includes chrome door handles, chrome mirror caps, polished exhaust tips (dealer/ADI installed), chrome recovery hooks, chrome grille (dealer/ADI installed), outside heated, power-adjustable, power-folding and driver-side auto-dimming body-color mirrors and (RDP) 20" polished aluminum wheels. Available on SLT.
- Sun, Entertainment and Destinations Package (PCJ) – Includes power sunroof, inside auto-dimming rearview mirror, audio system with navigation and Rear-Seat Entertainment. Available on SLT.
- Trailering Package (K5L) – Includes integrated trailer brake controller (standard on 3/4-ton), auxiliary external transmission oil cooler, external engine oil cooler, power steering cooler, increased capacity radiator and cooling fans and active 2-speed transfer case. Available on 1/2-ton models except Hybrid.
- Regional Value Package (PEB) – Includes uplevel mirrors, one year on XM Radio service, 20" polished aluminum wheels, Trailering Package and SLT Chrome Package. Available on SLT.
Capacities & Dimensions
Cargo volume, 1st/2nd/3rd (cu. ft.)
– Yukon 108.9/60.3/16.9
– Yukon XL 45.8/90.0/137.4
Fuel capacity (gal.)
– Yukon/Yukon Hybrid 26.0/25 .0
– 1/2-ton Yukon XL 31.0
– 3/4-ton Yukon XL 39.0
YUKON/YUKON XL Seating capacity 9/9 (8 for Hybrid) Wheelbase (in.) 116.0/130.0 Overall length (in.) 202.0/222.4 Overall height (in.) 76.9/76.8
Pover & Performance
- (LMG) Vortec 5.3L V8 engine with FlexFuel and Active Fuel Management – Iron block engine standard on 2WD and 4WD Yukon models and on 2WD 1/2-ton Yukon XL models.
– Gas: 320 hp @ 5400 rpm. Gas: 335 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4000 rpm.
– E85: 326 hp @ 5300 rpm. E85: 348 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4400 rpm.
- (LC9) Vortec 5.3L V8 engine with FlexFuel and Active Fuel Management – Aluminum block engine standard on 4WD 1/2-ton Yukon XL models.
–Gas: 320 hp @ 5400 rpm. Gas: 335 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4000 rpm.
–E85: 326 hp @ 5300 rpm. E85: 348 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4400 rpm.
- (L96) Vortec 6.0L FlexFuel V8 VVT engine – Uses an advanced Variable Valve Timing system to increase performance and reduce exhaust emissions. Standard on 3/4-ton XL models.
– 352 hp @ 5400 rpm.
– 382 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4200 rpm.
- Yukon Hybrid powertrain – GM’s patented 2-Mode Hybrid offers V8 power combined with a fuel economy improvement of 30% overall and 40% in city driving. Allows fully electric operation at low speeds under light loads, full V8 power at high speeds or under heavy loads and a combination of the two.
– (LZ1) Vortec 6.0L V8 engine with Active Fuel Management: 332 hp @ 5100 rpm; 367 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4100 rpm.
– 300-volt battery pack and two 60kW electric motors: Provide electric power. Battery is automatically charged by V8 engine and fits under second row seats. Electric motors provide exceptional rotational power and torque.
– Sophisticated control module: Constantly monitors driving conditions and provides transparent and seamless transition between power modes.
– Dual-mode transmission: Combines a two-mode (low- and high-speed) electronic continuously variable transmission (ECVT) with four fixed gear ratios for a total of six operating functions. Includes automatic Tow/Haul mode that requires no driver intervention.
- 6-speed heavy duty transmission – With selectable Tow/Haul mode and tap-up/tap-down shifting. Standard on all 1/2-ton models.
- 3/4-ton XL 6-speed automatic transmission – With electronic controls, overdrive and selectable Tow/Haul mode. Standard on all 3/4-ton XL models.
- Single-speed transfer case – Standard on 4WD models equipped with the 3.08 rear axle ratio. AutoTrac 2-speed transfer case required with (K5L) Heavy Duty Trailering Package or (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package. 2-speed transfer case standard on Hybrid models.
- Standard Z82 trailering equipment – Includes a weightdistributing hitch platform, 7-wire harness and 2" trailering receiver.
- Trailering Package (K5L) – Includes integrated trailer brake controller (standard on 3/4-ton models), auxiliary external transmission oil cooler, external engine oil cooler, power steering cooler, increased capacity radiator and cooling fans, 3.42 rear axle ratio and active 2-speed transfer case. Available on 1/2-ton models except Hybrid.
- Towing, max., 2WD/4WD (lbs.).
– Yukon: 8500/8200.
– 1/2-ton Yukon XL: 8100/8000.
– Hybrid: 6200/5900.
– 3/4-ton Yukon XL: 9600/9400.
- Payload, max., 2WD/4WD (lbs.).
– Yukon: 1774/1705.
– 1/2-ton Yukon XL: 1519/1563.
– Hybrid: 1476/1393.
– 3/4-ton Yukon XL: 2429/2162.
Ride & Handling
- Premium Smooth Ride Suspension (ZW7) – A smooth, comfortable ride with precision handling for normal usage. Standard on 1/2-ton models.
- Heavy Duty Handling/Trailering Suspension (Z85) – Includes retuned shocks, stiffer springs and 2-stage rear leaf springs with gas shocks for increased roll damping while pulling heavier loads. Standard on 3/4-ton XL models.
- Off-Road Suspension (Z71) – Includes Skid Plate Package, on-/off-road tires, 2-speed electronic transfer case and highcapacity air cleaner. Available on all 1/2-ton 4WD Yukon models except Hybrid.
- Autoride Suspension Package (Z55) – This system automatically senses and responds to different driving conditions by adjusting appropriate suspension damping. The result is enhanced control, higher load capacity and a more comfortable ride. Includes automatic air level control. Available on 1/2-ton SLT models.
- Standard StabiliTrak with Traction Control and Proactive Roll Avoidance – Monitors and compares driver steering input vs. vehicle response and makes corrections that help the driver maintain control. Proactive Roll Avoidance further reduces the risk of rollover by managing braking forces and vehicle energy during certain lateral maneuvers.
- Standard automatic locking rear differential – Automatically locks the rear wheels together when slippage is detected.
– 18" aluminum wheels standard on Yukon Hybrid.
– 17" aluminum wheels standard on 3/4-ton Yukon XL models.
– 22" chrome wheels standard on Yukon Denali Hybrid.